Strategic Visioning is a facilitated planning retreat that gets to a compelling, collaborative vision and a basic strategy. This service is perfect for a newly forming or changing team that needs a clear direction or vision. It can be used as part of an annual planning cycle or as a team-building event. It works equally well for executive teams, business unit management teams, functional teams, or project teams.
Teams see the big picture more clearly and reach consensus on a vision and clear direction. You will:
- Benefit from the strong buy-in that results from the whole team participating in a collaborative strategic planning process;
- Get clear, visual maps of the team’s vision, strategies, and action plans;
- Be part of a memorable and engaging planning process;
- Benefit from the objective viewpoints, process expertise, and dynamism of a professional facilitator;
- Get to a bigger, more compelling vision than ever before AND have the plans to make it a reality;
- Get an incredible amount of big picture thinking, analysis, and decision-making done in a short period of time; and
- Have fun doing visioning!
Strategic Visioning is typically a 2-day retreat for a management or executive team. It can be as short as 1.5 days or as long as 3 days, depending on the nature of the organization and its issues and needs. We use large, graphic templates to structure the process and invite participation. Many of the exercises will be familiar to managers and strategic planners (environmental scans, SWOT analysis, etc.), so this process can integrate easily with other corporate planning activities. We use information and analyses as needed during the retreat.
Strategic Visioning is designed to create a powerful experience for participants by bringing together the best practices of four disciplines. Each builds on the others to create a uniquely effective process for group planning.
The deliverables you receive after the process is complete include:
- A clear, compelling vision and the basic strategies and action plans to make it a reality;
- Digitally reduced images of the meeting charts, suitable for printing, emailing, or posting on intranets or websites (the animation above shows examples of maps created during the Strategic Visioning process);
- A meeting report printed in color at 11″x17″ featuring images of each chart and annotations summarizing the meeting (optional).
Contact us to find out more . . .
The Grove Strategic Visioning™ process and the wall-size graphic templates are developed and copyrighted by The Grove; we offer this service as a licensed strategic partner.